The Nordic Logistics Association (NLA) is looking for a committed and enthusiastic intern in Brussels from 1 February 2022 to 31 July 2022.
Are you passionate about European politics and interested in the transport sector? Is social media communication one of your skills? And are you keen on working for better conditions for hauliers in Europe? Then we would like to meet you.
One of the biggest challenges and opportunities of the coming decades is the transition to a climate-neutral Europe. The intern will therefore work on legislative proposals affecting the transport sector in a wide range of areas, including transport, environment, energy. In addition, labour market and the digital agenda are areas the NLA follow closely. The intern will have the opportunity to work independently and take responsibility in these areas. The intern will work in an international environment in the Common Office in Brussels that NLA shares with our German (BGL) and French (FNTR) sister organisations.
- Write newsletters, update website and generate activity on NLA’s SoMe platforms.
- Research and analysis of studies, EU policy initiatives and more in collaboration with colleagues in Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland.
- Participate in meetings with European transport stakeholders.
- Report from meetings in the European Parliament, stakeholder organisations and conferences in Brussels.
- Ongoing administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate:
- Can navigate the EU bubble.
- Is interested in politics at European and national level.
- Is currently undertaking a degree related to social sciences, economy, law or related.
- Can express him/herself well orally and in writing, is fluent in English and one or more Scandinavian languages. Knowledge of other EU languages is a plus.
- Thrive on handling large, long-term project assignments.
- Is comfortable with busy and often hectic days with a variety of tasks.
- Monthly housing benefit and practical help.
- Coverage of travel costs, as well as a round trip during your stay.
- Practical experience of working in the EU system.
- An interesting, dynamic, informal and international workplace with the opportunity to challenge yourself in national and European contexts.
Please send your cover letter, CV and relevant supporting documents to email@example.com by Monday 15 November 2021. Interviews will take place in week 46 and 47. The place of work will be at the NLA office in Brussels with flexibility for home working.
For further information on the position, please contact NLA’s CEO, Torsten Laksafoss Holbek, on +32 47 404 8005.
NLA is the joint Brussels representation of the leading road haulage associations in the Nordics representing around 16,000 member companies in Sweden: Sveriges Åkeriföretag (SÅ); Denmark: Dansk Transport og Logistik (DTL); and Norway: Norges Lastebileier-Forbund (NLF) in close cooperation with its associated member Finnish Transport and Logistics (SKAL).
In 2019, NLA joined forces with our German and French sister associations from the Federal Association of Freight Transport, Logistics and Disposal, Germany (BGL) and the French Road Haulage Association (FNTR) to set up a common office in Brussels.