The Nordic Logistics Association (NLA) is looking for an intern in Brussels from 1 September 2021 to 31 January 2022.
Are you passionate about European politics and interested in the transport sector? Is social media communication one of your skills? And are you keen to work for better conditions for hauliers in Europe? Then we would like to meet you. NLA is looking for a committed and enthusiastic intern who is ready for a dynamic and educative job experience with a wide variety of tasks.
One of the biggest challenges of the coming decades is the transition to a climate-neutral Europe. The intern will therefore work on legislative proposals affecting the transport sector in a wide range of areas, including transport, environment, energy and labour market. You will have the opportunity to work independently and take responsibility in these areas.
- Write newsletters, update website and generate activity on NLA’s SoMe platforms.
- Research and policy analysis of studies, legislative drafts, EU-consultations and more with colleagues in Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland.
- Participate in meetings with European transport stakeholders.
- Report from committee meetings in the European Parliament, European stakeholder organisations and conferences in Brussels.
- Ongoing administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate:
- Has an understanding of the EU system.
- Is interested in politics at the European and national level.
- Is currently undertaking a degree related to social sciences, economy, law or related.
- Can express him/herself well orally and in writing, is fluent in English and one or more Scandinavian languages. Knowledge of other EU languages is a plus.
- Thrive on handling large, long-term project assignments.
- Is comfortable with busy and often hectic days with a variety of tasks.
- Housing benefit and practical help.
- Coverage of travel costs, as well as a round trip during your stay.
- Practical experience of working in the EU system.
- An interesting, dynamic, informal and international workplace with the opportunity to challenge yourself in national and European contexts.
Please send your application, CV and relevant supporting documents to email@example.com by Friday 25 June 2021. Interviews will take place in week 26-27. The place of work will be at the NLA office in Brussels as long as the covid-19 situation allows, with flexibility for home working.
For further information on the position, please contact NLA’s CEO, Torsten Laksafoss Holbek, on +32 47 404 8005.
NLA is the joint Brussels representation of the leading road haulage associations in the Nordics representing around 16,000 member companies in Sweden: Sveriges Åkeriföretag (SÅ); Denmark: Dansk Transport og Logistik (DTL); and Norway: Norges Lastebileier-Forbund (NLF) in close cooperation with its associated member Finnish Transport and Logistics (SKAL).
In 2019, NLA joined forces with our German and French sister associations from the Federal Association of Freight Transport, Logistics and Disposal, Germany (BGL) and the French Road Haulage Association (FNTR) to set up a common office in Brussels.